Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Optimism

(taken from some old lyrics I've written, condensed into one solid work, and thus I have this poem.)

It’s getting harder
To look on the bright side
I can’t sleep or think
Answers are getting harder to come by
I feel as if
I’ll never leave this state
But I finally know why
I feel dead
I skipped the funeral procession
Looking at the congregation
Filled with fakes and false hearts
The choir sang praise for all the wrong reasons
It hurts so much
Just to try and kept my head up
In this darkened world
Where no one sees the light
I haven’t slept in weeks
Because I’ve realized
Everyone I've hated
Mirrors everything that I used to be
And echoes everything I used to say
This is a journey on a ship
Through an unbeatable storm
How am I expected
To survive in this world
That was intended
To be infected?
There seems to be no hope
When you have no place to call a home
But after everything I’ve been through
I’m still happy to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment